Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Change In The Wind... Mr. C's Big Adventure Begins

Last night I watched the sunset from my new front porch while enjoying a Fuente and a Stolie with a twist, and something else I haven't experienced in quite some time, the peace and solitude of living alone.

I can't seem to stay married.  It isn't that I don't want to be.  I've tried, several times.  It's just that sooner or later I'm in constant hot water for the things I don't do, or didn't do.  A forgotten anniversary, a missed compliment, spending too much time to myself and my interests.  It never fails.  I am simply unable or unwilling to devote the time and attention necessary to keep a woman happy, at least not the one's I've married.

So, here on the cusp of my 7th decade on this earth I find myself in a new home, with a new job, and single.  

I spent the entire Labor Day weekend arranging and decorating my new digs, working on a new song, and messing with Photoshop.  Only left the house to take a walk around the neighborhood  and go to the grocery and hardware stores.  Loving it.

Let the adventure begin!

(Although it's beginning with more of a whimper than a bang as from my study this morning I can see that my car has a flat tire.  Let the adventure begin right after I take care of this!)

17 comments:

  1. ha. ugh. that is life eh? just when you are ready to set off on the next grand adventure, the tire goes flat...that sums up my weekend as well...the best to you though, as soon as the tire is fixed...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every journey begins with a trip over a piece of broken sidewalk.

      Delete
  2. I've managed to keep this one for 37 years but I'm not very high maintenance. And I just started buying my own presents for whatever since he never seemed to. but it saves me from having to buy him presents. and we mostly reside in different rooms but then we have lived and worked together 24/7 for all those same 37 years so we're happy to be apart while being together.

    I love having a new place, deciding where to put everything. not that I do it very often. maybe 4 or 5 times in my whole life. let the adventure begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like most long term couples I have known know best how to give each other space. Sounds like you've got it worked out. Congrats.

      Delete
  3. Might I suggest that the new adventure not include a wedding in the foreseeable future?
    Just a thought, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you don't have as much trouble staying married as me..hell I can't get anyone to date me more less marry me..when someone wants my marriage history ..it's divorced divorced and shot the sonofabitch. wonder why no one wants to be number 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shot the son of a bitch? Eureka! You're my kinda gal Jackiesue. If I lived a little bit closer I'd take you high-steppin.

      Delete
  5. It's always exhilarating when a big change in life happens, be it a move, job change, etc. Buckle up...it'll be an exciting ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hope the ride isn't too rocky. My poor old boney butt can't handle much more of that.

      Delete
  6. I have found this to be true.
    A. Two people meet and it is love. True Love. (this is not a set up) They are in love, all they can do is think about that other person. All they see is their lovers face in the mirror. The Lover is alive, and so on and so forth. The Lover see past lives, and a future, a sense of well being.
    B. They MARRIED!! now there is yo' first mistake.
    C. time passes and you are now headed for D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
    D. and, of all the people on the face of this planet - YOUR spouse is the singular person that you hate the M.O.S.T. !!

    I find that to be an interesting factoid.

    Best of all
    Bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate seems like too strong a word. I could be like Jackiesue and shoot the bitch but no, no... I'm a kinder and gentler Mr. C. I'm a kinder and gentler Mr. C. I'm a kinder and gentler Mr. C. Maybe if I say it a hundred times it'll be true.

      Delete
    2. I'm up to 14,773, I am a kinder and gentler Punch.
      14,774 i'm a kinder and gentler Punch.
      14,775, i'm a kinder and gentler Punch.
      14,776, i'm a kinder and gentler Punch.
      14,777, I Am A Kinder and GENTler Mr. Punch!!
      anybody got a problem with that?

      Keep sayin' it Bro.
      It will eventually happen.

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm sorry for your loss but I am rooting for a fantastic new adventure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm a kinder gentler Mr. C." Or as George Costanza's father used to say, "Serenity Now!" (shrieked at the top of his lungs).

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment thingy folks. Too much spam.