Friday, May 6, 2011

Let Go Of Your Cocks And Grab Your Socks

"LET GO OF YOUR COCKS AND GRAB YOUR SOCKS," the drill sergeant screamed at 5am in the morning.  Without hesitation I did both, as did a hundred other guys who shared my boot-camp barracks with me.

A few weeks later it was reveille at 7am.  A few years later it was a Westclock wind-up alarm clock and finally, a clock radio.  All of these things served as wake-up calls to get us up and going in the morning.  Well,  now there's a kinder and gentler way to raise your sleepy head.  (Of course, it comes along now when I awake at 5am anyway, with or without an alarm clock.)



Ahhhhhh. Now doesn't that just make you want to get out of bed with a smile on your face and love in your heart?

No need to thank me, Mr. Charleston is always happy to help where he can.

7 comments:

  1. Good God man, this thing is way too benevolent. It would just put me back to sleep. Now if ol' Jamie comes up with one that beats on a trash can lid, that will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for kinder and gentler. I don't suppose you would be one of a thousand points of light either. It would seem that those in the plain Plains would need the Walking Man special... you know, a gun shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I love the idea, however I'm not sure it would lull me out of the bed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people have too much time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my kid screamin' my name and bangin' on my bed for 5 minutes straight don't get me up, I kinda doubt that piddly lil' plaything will either.

    Once again, I gotta agree with Punch. Mr. Jamie over there has waaaay too much time on his hands.

    And kudos to YOU my dear Mr. Charleston, for insertin' the word "cock(s)" into yer subject line...for that's one surefire way to grab MDJ's attention! P.S. but can ya change the word "Grap" to "Grab" please? I'd hate to think that somebody's thinkin' lowly of ya for the unintentional misspellin' (unlike mine which are ALWAYS intentional) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cretins, every one of you. No love and light for this crew. Nope, this is a hard-boiled crowd here, yesserrie. But you found me out Donna Jean. After few hits and only two comments, one of them mine, I changed the title and bingo... I'm competing for hits with the Russian Voyeur! Oh, typo corrected. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trutfully there are times I miss hearing that old metal trash can be thrown down the middle of the barracks. Whenever I get that way I drink a few beers and lay down till it passes.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment thingy folks. Too much spam.