Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hey, I Resemble That Remark


20 Truths for Mature Humans

1.  I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2.  Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3.  I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4.  There is a need for a sarcasm font.

5.  How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet anyway?

6.  Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5.  I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my own neighborhood.

7.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

8.  Bad decisions make good stories.

9.  You never know when it will strike, but there comes a time at work when you know you're not going to do anything productive the rest of the day.

10.  I hate it when I just miss a call by the last ring and when I immediately call back it goes to voice mail.  What the hell?

11.  I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer should they call.

12.  I disagree with Kay Jewelers.  I would bet that on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Budweiser than with Kay.

13.  Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I saw as a kid and realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

14.  I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

15.  I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

16.  I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.

17.  Shirts get dirty.  Underwear gets dirty.  Pants, pants never get dirty.  You can wear them forever, especially jeans.

18.  Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber and dumber each year?

19.  There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you're going to die because you have leaned back in your chair a little too far.

20.  As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but I hate bicyclists all the time.



14 comments:

  1. dang those bicyclist...always in the way...def need a sarcasm font...and hahaha on deleting the browsing history....even better if they dont look at it first...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them, perfect!
    Whoever came up with them (You?) either had a lot of time on his/her hands or is a genius.
    I’m going to copy and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always grateful I have certain people's names on my phone so I know not to pick it up. The only thing about a sarcasm font is then people would know I'm not serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can relate to all of these. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #14--you're always welcome but I doubt your GPS would get you here.

    I lay down (A LOT) and have the phone all the way across the room, with 4 blankets and 2 dogs barring the way t the phone I know it wasn't an important enough call to untangle that mess.

    I finally made it into college at age 45, this was before i broke my neck, I minored in napping. 4.0 all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #14 -- that exact thing was happening a lot in San Francisco about 20 years ago. Tourists who wanted to walk around the City were issued maps that led them straight through one of the worst neighborhoods. Easy pickin's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOPS make that #3.

    But then #14 -- I have lived in a ghetto turned slum for the past 40 years. No need to fear, we have open carry laws, concealed carry laws, and wtf it's the ghetto there ain't no law. Most white people i see down here are teenagers looking for drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment thingy folks. Too much spam.