Psychopath (noun): a person with a psychopathic personality which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, etc.
Okay. So these are extremely egotistical people who basically don't give a damn about anyone else. In other words, the assholes who make all of the rest of us miserable. But who are they and where are we most likely to find them?
Professions most inhabited by psychopaths:
1. CEO (No surprise here. Politicians can be included in this group.)
2. Lawyer (Second lowest-ranked approval rating behind Congress. I have heard it said that the reason Congress is gridlocked is because of the number of lawyers among its ranks. Their personality and training are to win at any cost, regardless of right or wrong. Seems right to me.)
3. Media (TV/Radio) (That whole ego thing again.)
4. Salesperson (If you have ever bought a car or worked at a car dealership this one is totally understandable.)
5. Surgeon (Ummm. This is a little bit of a surprise. Must be the God thing.)
7. Police Officer (Give anyone a badge and you can see their head expand. I have heard the police described as thugs hired to control other thugs. Seems right to me.)
8. Clergyperson (I guess I can see this one but I think it's 50/50. All of the clergy I have known show a lot of compassion and love, but then I have never attended one of those evangelical mega-churches. I have heard it said that preachers get more pussy and fried chicken than anyone else so maybe there's something to this.)
9. Chef (If all chefs are like that maniacal asshole on TV who goes into restaurants and tears them all apart then this one surely fits.)
10. Civil Servant (Civil servant? What the hell is there about a low paying government job with no recognition or appreciation that would attract a psychopath? I guess they do have the power to make you show your ID.)
Now, you might ask, which professions are least likely to attract psychopaths? Well, wonder no more. Here they are.
1. Care Aide
6. Charity Worker
8. Creative Artist
In other words... people who care for people or who touch people or who observe people or who entertain people or... people who take your money and give it to the government? WTF?
This post is intended to be tongue in cheek.