Here's a partial list of U.S. assets (which are dwarfed by his world-wide assets):
- 20th Century Fox Television
- Fox Broadcasting Company, which includes 42 individual television stations in major markets throughout the U.S.
- Fox News, Sports, and Movie channels on cable.
- Fox Interactive Media on the internet including My Space.
- 29 Magazines world-wide
- The Wall Street Journal
- USA Today
- The New York Post
- The Washington Times
- Financial News
- The Dow Jones Company and all of it's subsidiaries, including the Dow Jones Index.
- HarperCollins Publishing
There was a time when foreign entities were not allowed ownership of media within the U.S. so as to prevent undue influence of U.S. policy from outside sources. Of course, Ronald Reagan, in another of his wonderful "free market" moves, opened the door to this media monster and the grid-lock and hatred that permeate our society and government today are the result. Fricking good job Ronnie.
May the hounds eat you alive Mr. Murdoch.