Thursday, January 21, 2010

An Absolute "Must See"

These are from an email that's making the rounds. I'll probably be sued for copyright infringment but I must share these with all of my blogger friends. These are some of the most spectacular images I've ever seen. I know you will agree.


From the email:

These incredible images of waves in the Hawaiian Islands were taken by Clark Little, the number one photographer of surf.


Waimea Bay, shore-break surfing pioneer, husband, and father of two, Clark Little has gained nationwide recognition for his photography.


It all started in 2007 when Clark's wife wanted a nice piece of art to decorate a wall. Voluntarily, Clark grabbed a camera, jumped in the water, and starting snapping away capturing the beauty and power of monstrous Hawaiian waves from the inside out.

" Clark's view" is a unique view of the ocean that most will only be able to experience safely on land while studying one of Clark's photos. Now with a camera upgrade and an itch to get that better shot, Clark has taken this on full time and has moved his office from land, to the inside of a barrel.






















20 comments:

  1. Wow. Magnificent.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Thanks for sharing these C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pictures. What I thought of looking at them, was the early 1960s tune by the Chantays, "Pipeline."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly remarkable. Wow! I want his camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First joy of the day was found here this morning sir. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. I love the one where the sunlight bends round the tunnel wall. Thanks for putting these up pal.

    Anyway...

    *ring ring*

    Hello? Mr Little? Yes, I've found a blogger that is ripping off your photos? The URL? Sure, it's termitesofsin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literally stole the breath from my chest.
    Gorgeous to the point of tears.
    My goodness, what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to all of the above. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So glad you shared these photos!!!

    And thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible photos!
    Thanks for the ID on the birds, the gardens are in Durban, South Africa, so a bit far from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speaking from experience, the reason for the 'demeaning owner approval thing' as you call it, is for the people who prefer to tell one of your blogger friends to fuck off before you have a chance to delete it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tracy. Would love to visit Durban.
    Karen.. I understand, I just believe we're all grown-ups here and can fend for ourselves. Such as my response to the annonymous crackpot who thinks they're a witch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only will I not allow fuck off comments to my friends, I also don't allow condesending sexist comments made against me. So therefore, anyone who visits my place, will be demeaned if they wish to visit... sounds like you have a insecure problem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen... Sounds like I won't be visiting your place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm inspired to take my little Fuji down to the lake...once it warms up considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen anything like it. Many of these images I would not have discerned as waves had I not known. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, thanks for sharing, freakin' beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment thingy folks. Too much spam.